Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Pink And Green Bars On Tv

CAPONATA END OF SUMMER


For the series "vegetables from my garden, what to do?" the abundance of eggplant and tomatoes very welcome that supplies every two weeks to return from my fridge weekend in Tuscany, generates constant attempts to bring new things to the table (not always salad, caprese, grilled eggplant parmigiana or short ...).
The caponata is certainly not new, but it is for me, never felt before in my kitchen.
The recipe I followed in a little reality differs from the original versions that I consulted and compared, for example missing celery, aubergines I've just fried, but fried ...
But I must say that I defeated the fears that were too complex or too heavy a dish, a side dish came out very pleasant and did not take too long ...
see how I did: INGREDIENTS

- for 2 / 3 people
. 2 small or 1 regular eggplant
. 1 large tomato - I have the beef heart
. 1 onion
. 1 tablespoon of sugar
. extra virgin
. salt, pepper
.
pine nuts.
raisins.
vinegar.
capers. green olives

PROCEDIEMENTO
In a pan heat the oil in the meantime, peel and chop the onion too finely. While the onion and fry in a pan with a little water, make the eggplant into chunks (if you want you can rest in salt to remove the bitterness, but I do not hardly ever ...). Saute the eggplant cubes and in the meantime to make the tomato and capers to desalinate (donated by a friend just back from Filicudi .. yum!) In warm water. Once the eggplants are well advanced to add the remaining ingredients and salt and pepper.
Add sugar and deglaze with the vinegar to taste sweet and sour taste of the second degree.

0 comments:

Post a Comment