Sunday, March 6, 2011

Old Lady Cartoons Maxine

MES macarons



... or maybe I should write MON macaron chocolat, because the only, come and say the only (but very ugly ' is ..) is one of the photo. The others? Shattered ... Here, I played the last supporters arrived, and maybe even older! Well .. we say that this post may be helpful in understanding what NOT to do to prepare for the macarons! I had seen and checked by Acquolina and Pinella obviously perfect, and so, thanks this dream, I convinced myself to do it. First step, decide which recipe to make! I opted for Mercotte , I found your site on the dose, in this video the details of the procedure, I was convinced I could not fail! I chose the version with French meringue, the fact of not having to cook sugar me made them seem easier. Unfortunately I forgot that the Italian meringue is much, much more stable .. and perhaps this has affected the result! A few days ago I bought the book Macaron José Marechal, and from there it seems that if the shells crack, as well as a macaronnage (ie the movement which combines meringue and tpt) much too which may have removed the egg white, can be "guilty" of an insufficient period of rest of the shells before cooking, during which it forms a crust on the surface that "contains" the dough .. ok, I did not understand what I've been wrong but for sure it was a complete disaster. Here are some photos taken from the gallery of horrors ... You see the shells cracked and deflate, without collar, which never left to die by either baking paper .. What a disappointment!




The only thing that has saved the ganache, which when I cold mounted and served with hazelnut ..

.. or nuts and cubes of pear ..


Oh well, I leave you the recipe because I am equally convinced that someone cleverer than me will easily be able to do ..

Ingredients:
For the macarons:
130 grams almond flour 220 g
sugar 4 egg whites at room temperature
60 g sugar 20 g cocoa
For the ganache chocolate (C. Felder)
200 gr cream 1 tablespoon sugar hot
250 g dark chocolate 60 g butter 40%

Procedure: Prepare the macarons
: sift flour almonds, cocoa and sugar. Beat the egg whites gradually adding the granulated sugar. Stir in flour with a silicone spatula (macaronnage) until the mixture is smooth, but without removing the egg whites. Create a pocket of buttons on a sheet of wax paper and let air even a few hours to talk "croùter" or to ensure that you create a pellicolina surface. Then bake at 140 degrees for about 12 minutes (but always on your oven). Then remove them from the pan and place it on a cold surface or just damp so that the steam developed facilitates the separation of shells from the paper. While crude shells resting you can prepare the ganache: Boil the cream and sugar, melt the chocolate and add it to the cream in a circular motion to uniform the compound. Combine the butter into small pieces, let cool and store in refrigerator. Once cool mount with whips.

Well, next time I try the recipe with Italian meringue, if you want to try this .. Good luck!

PS: sorry for the long absence, are increasingly taken up by preparations for the children, the forces are less and less and this week I also had some pains, fortunately without consequences alarm back! I promise to apply a little more at least in the latter months of freedom I have left!

0 comments:

Post a Comment