Monday, January 17, 2011

Biological Interrelationships Among Life Forms

BASMATI CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES


Last night I dreamed of eating a macaron, something that never happened, I could not even see them in the shop windows of Paris (ok, not at that time I knew that even existed and I have not searched!), I was comfortable sitting with friends in the living room of a great pastry chef, best Felder, better than Herm, the magician of macarons .. Not one that really exists, but in the dream was very real .. In short, it was love at first taste, so I decided to try them this week! This dream, however, I also read as a subliminal message like "you have neglected the blog, publish something new!" so here I am! .. But back to the flat today, it seems thai, but it is not, or rather, is devoid of all the spices that belong to that world. I am lucky, my husband always eats even my worst culinary experiments succeeded, but in almost four years of marriage there was one thing that has refused to eat: chicken curry. So I could also spice up this dish! The idea came from the bench freezer of my supermarket, a place where a respectable foodblogger should not pass, but that pregnancy has an irresistible charm .. I see a new light among the dishes, a product range of parboiled rice, with vegetables and chicken with basmati rice. I surrender, I buy it (mea culpa mea culpa ..). It does not seem too bad either, making an exception for those bricks an unlikely green sauce that melts to become a more imbrobabile. The husband is not the taste, the rice along the recalled chicken curry, chicken there, too afraid to be spicy as it's legal does not. But it looks, Perhaps the curious ... Ok, I buy the ingredients and I do it again, he will eat it, it will be healthier and more economically, and have fun to mess in the kitchen. Last but not least, I have a recipe for more in the blog! :)

Ingredients: 1 small eggplant
1 red pepper 1 yellow pepper 1 zucchini
1 whole chicken breast
250 g basmati rice
extra virgin olive oil to taste
salt

Procedure: Start with the vegetables
: First the eggplant, cut into cubes, sauté in a wire oil in a hot frying pan. Little oil, or soaking, and high temperature. Once they have browned, I added the peppers also cut them into cubes, I covered and I let go slowly. In fact I could even cook in two pans, but that the eggplant is softened and are overcooked, and I fouled something less! When the peppers are almost ready, add the zucchini (or better still, half-washers), is cooked in a moment. Here, already so you have a super side dish! Boil the rice, and in the meantime cut into rags the chicken, then putting it in the same pan to cook the vegetables. A cooked rice, add it too. A sprinkling of salt, a dribble of crude oil if needed, and so the table. I loved it!

The advice: if you have time and want to peel the peppers, is the only thing I could reproach a while!

0 comments:

Post a Comment